The IBC International Business Congress e.V. (former EBC European Business Congress e. V.) is an international, non-governmental and non-profit Organisation (NGO) founded in December 1997 in
Bonn, Germany. As of July 2016, the IBC has 122 members from 28 countries worldwide. Statutory bodies of the IBC are the General Assembly, the Presiding
Committee and the Board of Directors.
The President of the IBC is Dr. Alexey
Miller, PJSC Gazprom. Vice-president is Klaus Schäfer, Uniper SE.
The IBC objectives are:
- Supporting the development of intergovernmental and international economic cooperation
- Promoting economic development
- Promoting a sustainable dialogue between politics and private business
These objectives will be achieved and especially implemented by
and trustful discussion of actual challenges and problems of common interest in
the various Working Committees and subsequent formulation of practical
- passing such results as recommendations on to governments and responsible authorities as well as to other NGOs
- promoting an efficient exchange of information
between IBC and international organisations and fostering contacts inside the
IBC and externally
- promoting co-operation between companies and
- organising and supporting conferences and
seminars on actual entrepreneurial topics
The core activity of the IBC, which creates its high attractiveness
for the members and which distinguishes the IBC as something unique, is to
offer a platform for open discussion in the various Working Committees and
Sub-Working Groups which convene approx. four times a year. To date eight Working Committees have been formed.